Make Your Way Glespin
Back Village Walk
Terrain: Easy - Tarmac and/or pavements; flat; wide; suitable for all shoes; places to stop and easy to follow.
This map has been created in collaboration with community members from Glespin. It is part of a collection of eight codesigned active travel maps that highlight cycling and walking routes that are known to local people. These routes can be used for practical journeys, for leisure and for exercise.
The maps also include information on local services, amenities, and point of interest, as well as highlighting the benefits of active travel for your health and the environment. If you are a visitor, please respect the local community - use active travel, public transport or if you are driving, use designated parking areas. Take your litter home or dispose of it in bins provided.
Download and print paper maps by clicking the links under 'Related Resources'.
Back Village Walk
1.2 km - 15min / 25min - Easy
1. A quick and easy walk to get some daily exercise around the village. Try timing yourself to see how quick you can walk or jog the route.
2. Start at Hillview Crescent next to the community garden. Walk toward the basketball pitch for 80m and turn left to walk up the stairs.
3. At the top of the stairs turn left to follow the Back Village Path. Follow the path, passing two sets of stairs to your left.
4. On your right, you’ll see two gates that you can use to access the hills and walk up to the disused railway.
5. Continue along the path until you reach the Glespin Village Hall.
6. To complete the loop, take a left onto Ayr Road and walk back towards the community garden.
This project is managed by Community Action Lanarkshire and funded through Smarter Choices Smarter Places, Lanarkshire LEADER, South Lanarkshire Council and the Rural Development Trust. It was delivered by icecream architecture and Free Wheel North.