Job Opportunities - Northlight Heritage; Digital Heritage Project Assistant and a Field Project Assistant
Two positions helping to deliver the Landscape Partnership
Northlight Heritage are seeking to appoint a Digital Heritage Project Assistant and a Field Project Assistant. Northlight Heritage are part of York Archaeological Trust: an independent charity, founded in 1972, which investigates the past for the benefit of present communities and future generations.
Northlight Heritage are a partner on the Clyde and Avon Valley Landscape Partnership (CAVLP). CAVLP is a Heritage Lottery Fund supported project which aims to conserve, enhance and celebrate the unique landscape and cultural heritage of the Clyde and Avon Valleys. With additional funding from Historic Environment Scotland we have been running CAVLP Heritage. The programme comprises seven core projects: Mapping the Past; Capturing Our Past; Local Landscape Heroes; Flow of Time; CAVLP Exhibition; Castle Qua & Education Materials for Schools.
The Digital Heritage Project Assistant role will be working exclusively on CAVLP Heritage, with support with HLF and HES funding, while the Field Project Assistant will work on a range of projects including some activities on CAVLP Heritage, with partial support from HLF and HES funding.
Digital Heritage Project Assistant
Applicants for the Digital Heritage Project Assistant position should ideally have a minimum of one year experience of delivering the range of practices required the role. The salary for the post will be, depending on experience, in the range £18,500 - £20,500.
Field Project Assistant
Applicants for the Field Project Assistant position should ideally have a minimum of one year experience of delivering the range of practices required for the role. The salary for the post will be, depending on experience, in the range £18,500 - £20,500.
- The main place of work for the Digital Heritage Project Assistant will be at the CAVLP office at New Lanark WHS, Lanark, but with activity required throughout the CAVLP study area.
- The main place of work for the Field Project Assistant will be at the Northlight Heritage Office but the role may require regular time spent working on sites elsewhere.
- The posts are for a fixed term, with three month probationary period, till the end of March 2018, with the possibility of extension pending for the suitable candidate and Northlight Heritage securing further work.
- The posts are for 37 hours per week, with a need for some weekend and evening working, time for which will be taken in lieu. There will be 28 days leave including public holidays.
- York Archaeological Trust are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to become part of the Northlight Heritage team, we would like to hear from you.
Applications are by application form with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the post. A minimum of two references are required and will be taken up prior to any appointment. Full job descriptions and the application form are available from: http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/get-involved/work-for-yat/vacancies-in-glasgow/
For an informal discussion please contact Gavin MacGregor on 07432 694172.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2017 with interviews to be held on 10th July 2017. We will hold interviews for the posts in Glasgow and would seek to have the successful applicants in post as soon as possible.
Learn more about us: