Project Officer: Community Action Lanarkshire
Join our great team supporting rural communities deliver plans and projects that make a real difference to local peoples lives. https://smartlist.tazio24.com/1-10080-11989.Interviews are on August 29th in Lanark. Upload your CV by the closing date of August 22nd via
JOB TITLE: Project Officer
LOCATION: Base in Lanark
TERMS: 35 hours per week, 25 days annual leave, until June 2020
LINE MANAGER: Project Manager, Rural Development Projects
Main Purpose of the Post:
To manage the development and successful delivery of the RDT community capacity building project (Community Action Lanarkshire - CAL) by supporting the successful development and implementation of the project with and between the range of local partners.
To engage and liaise with communities in the Rural Development Project area, to stimulate interest in the project and assist Partners, providers and the local community to develop and implement project activity within the identified areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To be responsible for the implementation of the RDT community capacity building project.
To manage the deployment of consultants, contractors and volunteers within agreed budgets in the delivery of the RDT community capacity building project
To liaise with Partner organisations, statutory agencies, public bodies and the voluntary sector during the development and delivery of the RDT community capacity building project
To monitor project activity and outputs against targets
To liaise with rural communities, groups and other relevant programmes operating in the area
To promote and publicise the RDT community capacity building project among community groups and residents within the project area
To respond to general and specific enquiries regarding the RDT community capacity building project from Partners and the local community.
- Generate and stimulate interest in the RDT community capacity building project within the catchment area and promote opportunities to become engaged in project delivery
- Encourage the development of volunteering opportunities linked to the RDT community capacity building project
- Assist in the preparation of articles and news releases for the RDT community capacity building project newsletter, website and the local press
- Provide project monitoring information to assist the Project Manager manage the budget for the Project, adhering to relevant financial procedures, reporting systems and timetables according to the requirements of the funding agency and Partners’ requirements
- Provide reporting information for the Steering Group and LEADER to ensure effective implementation of the Programme
- Undertake other duties as reasonably required by the Project Manager.
Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or a range of skills necessary to develop and deliver community capacity building projects;
Experience of working with a wide range of community groups;
The ability to prioritise work load and to work on your own initiative;
The ability to write and communicate effectively and appropriately with all sectors of the community and Partner organisations;
The ability to prepare and deliver presentations and talks and
Knowledge of project management techniques.
Experience of working with communities to develop projects and / or community action planning;
Good ICT skills, specifically Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Knowledge of rural issues
Knowledge of budget management techniques and their application.
You will be required to have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes at all times. Expenses that you incur on behalf of the Company whist engaged on Company business will be reimbursed.
The Rural Development Trust is an Equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, religious beliefs, age or sexual orientation. Our policy aims to prevent unfair and discriminatory practices within RDT and to encourage full contribution from its diverse community interests. RDT is committed to actively opposing all forms of discrimination.