Job Opportunity: Duneaton Community Council
Looking for a Community Development Officer
Community Development Worker
Duneaton Community Council Area
The Rural Development Trust (RDT) in partnership with Duneaton Community Council (DCC) are looking for an individual with a high degree of knowledge of the DCC area and experience of community development to work with DCC and other local groups to drive forward projects identified in a recent community survey.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, motivated self-starter who can work independently
- Knowledge of grants available in the DCC area and more widely across Scotland
- Experience of applying for grants
- IT literate (knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email, Internet)
- Gets the 'big picture', not just an event organiser
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle for business use
- Local knowledge
- Able to proactively identify opportunities for local improvements
The post is funded for 2 years by the SSE Clyde Wind Farm Extension Fund and is for 16 hours per week, the job description can be downloaded here.
Info on DCC can be accessed here
The community survey report can be downloaded here
Application deadline is 5.00pm on Tuesday 30th April 2019.
RDT is an equal opportunities employer.