FREE Investigating the Past: Castle Qua Open Day
Open Days, where visitors can come along to see an excavation in action, talk to archaeologists and take part in family activities have been planned for Castle Qua and Black Hill, for people who are unable to join in with the archaeological digs with CAVLP Heritage during the summer. These are taking place on Sunday 16 July, 10:30am – 5:30pm at Castle Qua, and Sundays 13 and 20 August, 11am – 4pm at Black Hill. Places for the Open Days are limited so booking is essential at www.cavlp.eventbrite.co.uk.
- Volunteer archaeological excavations, Castle Qua, Cartland Craigs: Tuesday 11 – Friday 21 July
- Castle Qua excavation Open Day, Cartland Craigs: Sunday 16 July, 10:30am – 5:30pm. Booking essential at www.cavlp.eventbrite.co.uk
- Investigating the Past pop-up exhibition, Lanark Tolbooth: Monday 17 – Sunday 30 July, 10:30am-5:30pm daily (late openings Thursdays until 8pm)
- Volunteer archaeological excavations, Black Hill, Auchenheath: Tuesday 1 – Friday 25 August
- Black Hill excavation Open Day, Auchenheath: Sundays 13 & 20 August, 11am - 4pm. Booking essential at www.cavlp.eventbrite.co.uk
The project is led by CAVLP Heritage and managed by Northlight Heritage, with support from Heritage Lottery Fund and LEADER supported Clyde and Avon Valley Landscape Partnership (CAVLP) and Historic Environment Scotland. It follows on from the Mapping the Past and Capturing the Past volunteer projects, which explored the mapping heritage of the area, and the historic working lives of people in the Clyde and Avon Valley.