FREE Arboreal Walk (Drop In Event)
Part of the Make Your Way 'A Celebration of the Land' Festival
1pm-5pm @ The Duke's Monument, near Barncluith, in Chatelherault Country Park - Drop in at any time and pick up a map, marked with particular routes to wander and identify local plants and animals. There will be colourful identification signs to spot and help learn more about the local landscape.
Once you have finished your walk, come back to the Duke's Monument and a nearby fire pit where hot drinks will be provided and there will be some drawing activities taking place.
This event is part of the Make Your Way Chatelherault arts, heritage and active travel project which connects the communities of Hamilton, Larkhall and Quarter with the park. Check out the other events by clicking the links below this article.
The project is being delivered by Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust and icecream architecture and is supported by the Scottish Government Smarter Choices, Smarter Places grant, and Heritage Lottery Fund and LEADER supported Clyde and Avon Valley Landscape Partnership.
The event is also part of the Land, Life, Water: Discovering the Clyde and Avon Valley Past and Present exhibition programme, taking place Saturday 17 - Sunday 18 March:
- Treasured Remains: Tomb Readers, Cambusnethan, Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February, 10am – 4pm. Using digital photography to uncover details on stone carvings with Archaeology Scotland
- RSPB Baron’s Haugh Nature Reserve Guided Walk, Sunday 18 February, 10am – 12 noon. Meet in reserve car park, ML1 2PZ
- Bronze Age Pottery and Celtic Head Fun Workshop, Chatelherault Country Park, Tuesday 20 February; Saturday 3, Saturday 6 and Saturday 17 March, 11am – 1pm and 2 – 4pm
- Introduction to Bike Maintenance, Larkhall and District Volunteer Group, Saturday 24 February, 11am – 2pm
- Willow Tunnel Maintenance Skills, Chatelherault Country Park, Wednesday 21 February, 10:30am – 12:30pm
- The Living Landscapes of Chatelherault walk series, Friday 23 February; Friday 2, Friday 9 and Saturday 17 March, 1 – 3pm
- The Wassail of Larkhall, Quarter Boolin’ Club, Saturday 24 February, 11am – 4pm. Make decorative walking sticks and spring garlands, traditional music and a walk through Chatelherault Country Park, ending in the Applebank Inn, Larkhall
- Symphony for the Land, The Green Bridge, Chatelherault Country Park, Sunday 25 February, 11:30am – 1:30pm. Create your own instruments and noise makers, or just use your voice, to join in with the human symphony
- Arboreal Walk drop-in, Duke’s Monument, Barncluith, Hamilton, Sunday 25 February, 1 – 5pm. Use a map to discover the area including plants and animals, and use your findings to take part in some drawing activities around the fire pit
- Spring Forward Walk, Hamilton, Sunday 25 February, 2 – 3:30pm. Create a swinging ball and join a celebratory walk from the Covan Burn to the Duke’s Monument, Barncluith
- Saturday 3 March, Guided Ride: Larkhall – Chatelherault Country Park, via NCR74, 11am – 2pm
- Thursday 8 March, Lower Nethan Gorge walk with Scottish Wildlife Trust, 10am – 1pm, meet Crossford village Hall. More details to be announced soon at www.clydeandavonvalley.org/join-in/events
- Saturday 17 March, Treasured Remains: What lies beneath? Graveyard Geophysics, 10am – 4pm
- Saturday 17 March, Family Fun Day, Hamilton Palace Sports Grounds, 10am – 3pm. Drop-in activities, no booking required. Superheroes bike ride, cycling track, stalls and more
- Sunday 18 March, Family Fun Day, Larkhall Leisure Centre, 10am – 3pm. Drop-in activities, no booking required. Superheroes bike ride, cycling track, stalls and more