Strawberry Fields - Jelly Jaunt in Carluke
Part of the Framing the Landscape series of events
Join CAVLP Heritage in framing the Landscape on 6 Saturdays from February 11th to March 18th. Framing the Landscape invites participants to experience the landscape in a new way and learn about the contributions of a selection of Local Landscape Heroes. These series of FREE outdoor events will take a look at figures that have been inspired by the landscape or have made an impact on it in some way – through the use of art, literature and old photographs.
Celebrate the achievements of the Scott family in starting the strawberry growing industry in the Clyde Valley, and the long heritage of preserve making that continues today. Take a look at old photographs that help to tell their story and the story of fruit growing in the Carluke area.
Meet CAVLP Heritage at 2pm on Saturday, 18th of March at the Carluke Station Car Park, to take part!
This walk is part of a series of Framing the Landscape Local Landscape Heroes walks:
- Sat 11 Feb, Inspired by the Oaks, Chatelherault Country Park
- Sat 18 Feb, Country-Makers, Lanark
- Sat 25 Feb, Wishaw on Film, Wishaw
- Sat 4 Mar, Inspired by the Castle, Crossford
- Sat 11 Mar, Inspired by the Falls of Clyde, New Lanark
- Sat 18 Mar, Strawberry Fields, Carluke