Inspired by the Castle - Poetic Promenade at Craignethan
Part of the Framing the Landscape series of events
Join CAVLP Heritage in framing the Landscape on 6 Saturdays from February 11th to March 18th. Framing the Landscape invites participants to experience the landscape in a new way and learn about the contributions of a selection of Local Landscape Heroes. These series of FREE outdoor events will take a look at figures that have been inspired by the landscape or have made an impact on it in some way – through the use of art, literature and old photographs.
Join us on a journey from the Clyde Valley up to Craignethan Castle and enjoy the literature of local and visiting writers who were inspired by the landscape and the castle.
Meet CAVLP Heritage at 2pm on Saturday, 4th of March at the Crossford Car Park at Smugglers Brig to take part!
This walk is part of a series of Framing the Landscape Local Landscape Heroes walks:
- Sat 11 Feb, Inspired by the Oaks, Chatelherault Country Park
- Sat 18 Feb, Country-Makers, Lanark
- Sat 25 Feb, Wishaw on Film, Wishaw
- Sat 4 Mar, Inspired by the Castle, Crossford
- Sat 11 Mar, Inspired by the Falls of Clyde, New Lanark
- Sat 18 Mar, Strawberry Fields, Carluke