Country Makers - Worthy Wander in Lanark
Part of the Framing the Landscape series of events
Join CAVLP Heritage in framing the Landscape on 6 Saturdays from February 11th to March 18th. Framing the Landscape invites participants to experience the landscape in a new way and learn about the contributions of a selection of Local Landscape Heroes. These series of FREE outdoor events will take a look at figures that have been inspired by the landscape or have made an impact on it in some way – through the use of art, literature and old photographs.
Join us in front of St Nicholas Church in Lanark and explore the artwork and images relating to the early history of Lanark. Explore the historical figures who helped to shape the town of Lanark through its early days. Visit sites of local importance to Lanark and explore the artistic representations of the deeds of past country-makers.
Meet CAVLP Heritage at 2pm on Saturday, 18th of February at the St Nicholas’ Church, Lanark to take part!
This walk is part of a series of Framing the Landscape Local Landscape Heroes walks:
- Sat 11 Feb, Inspired by the Oaks, Chatelherault Country Park
- Sat 18 Feb, Country-Makers, Lanark
- Sat 25 Feb, Wishaw on Film, Wishaw
- Sat 4 Mar, Inspired by the Castle, Crossford
- Sat 11 Mar, Inspired by the Falls of Clyde, New Lanark
- Sat 18 Mar, Strawberry Fields, Carluke