Cambusnethan Priory's 200th Birthday
2016 Festival of Architecture
Join us to celebrate the 200th Birthday of Cambusnethan Priory, part of the 2016 Festival of Architecture!
Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August, 11am - 4pm
Cambusnethan House, locally known as The Priory, is a neo-gothic masterpiece and one of the last great houses of the upper Clyde Valley to survive. Building started on the 6th of August 1816, to designs by the famous architect James Gillespie Graham. Now sadly derelict, Friends of Cambusnethan Prioory started a campaign in March 2014.
We will have a range of events throughout both days, including history talks, music, Priory art projects for children and a display about the building and our plans for the future. The celebration will run from 11am to 4pm on both days and we are delighted to announce that Gordon Mason, author of "The Castles of Glasgow and the Clyde", will do a talk on the early history of the site on both days at 11:30am! You can stay around for the day, or just come along for a little while to find out more. We will also do an "adventurous" walk, through brambles and nettles, to find the lost ruins of CambusnethanMausoleum.